Construction was often the subject of disputes between Brembatesi and Treviglio because of the water taken, in Brembate, from the from the river Brembo river that went to irragiate the fields of Treviglio.
It’s been suggested the the first part of this construction could have taken place as early as the year 950. Around 1360, however, the castle is owned Brembate Suardi, known family of Bergamo.
The fifteenth century set the scene for fratricidal struggles between Guelfi and Ghibellines. In the seventeenth century the Tasca Family became the owners of the building and in the early decades of the 1800s it passed to the Moretti family.
Today the castle houses the facilities of the Suardi era. There are clearly visible in the old masonry made with round pebbles from the river and the porch with wooden beamed ceiling. The tower is the only evidence of the ancient castle.
Nel XV secolo è teatro di lotte fratricide fra Guelfi e Ghibellini. Nel XVII secolo la famiglia Tasca diventa proprietaria dell’edificio e nei primi decenni dell’Ottocento passa alla famiglia Moretti.
Oggi il castello conserva le strutture dell’epoca dei Suardi. Sono ben visibili la vecchia muratura in ciottoli tondi di fiume, il portico con soffitto a travi di legno. La torre è l’unica testimonianza dell’antico castello.